Eliminate Poverty - Empower Families - Engage Communities
Join our fastest-growing Division and work with our outstanding Housing Team here at CAPLP – voted the 2021 Non-Profit of the Year for Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo!
Homeless Outreach Coordinator – full-time community outreach position!
The Homeless Outreach Coordinator works with homeless populations by conducting outreach to locate and build relationships with individuals who are homeless, unstably housed, or want to relocate from corrections, hospitals, or other facilities into their own home in the community. This position will assist by assessing needs, providing information, referrals, and follow-up to other agencies and services. Work includes developing relationships with community agencies, developing various outreach services, and working on homeless prevention with clients and the community. The employee’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement.
• Social Work degree preferred or a bachelor’s degree in a Human Service-related field
• 3-5 years of experience working with households who are homeless
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by first day of employment
• Ability to work independently and to work with households in crisis situations
• Experience working with adults with mental illness
• Minnesota Social Work License
• Experience with conducting outreach
• Training in best practices including Motivational Interviewing, Assertive Engagement, Harm Reduction, Person-Centered Planning, Cultural Awareness.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – by noon on Tuesday, January 11th, 2022
Please note: to apply for this position, you must apply through our jobs portal at http://caplp.org/careers.html and click on VIEW CURRENT OPENINGS. Only applications submitted through this portal will be considered for this position.
Hires based upon Background Check, Favorable Driving Record, & Background Investigation
For a complete job description and to apply, visit our web site at www.caplp.org., navigate to the “Careers” tab and then click on “VIEW CURRENT OPENINGS”. If this is the first time you have applied for a position with CAPLP, you will need to create a new Username and Password.
You may also submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources CAPLP
891 Belsly Boulevard
Moorhead, MN 56560
ALL JOBS HAVE MERIT, BUT YOUR JOB CAN HAVE MEANING