Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Apply now to be a Driver for our Head Start program! You will drive a small bus and spend some time in the classroom and/or playground with the teachers and children. A bus monitor is also assigned to each route. Scheduled for 36 hours/4 days a week. Eligible to apply for unemployment over the summer!
Do you need benefits? We have excellent benefits that continue through the summer and automatic pay raises at 6 months and 12 months (upon successful completion of probationary period).
Come join us – you’ll be part of a valued team!
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Transport children to and from assigned center and on field trips.
- Maintain and update daily routes, student roster, authorized escorts, chain of custody log and emergency information for each student assigned to bus route.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections according to DOT regulations; report defects and major mechanical difficulties to Transportation Technician.
- Perform minor maintenance and minor repairs such as replacing fuses, bulbs, lenses, mirrors, etc. Maintain cleanliness of bus interior.
- Deliver supplies daily.
- Assist teachers in the classrooms; monitor children on the playground and/or play areas.
- Perform miscellaneous duties such as delivering inter-office mail/correspondence, answering phones, miscellaneous office duties and conducting follow-up phone calls.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement and no passenger restrictions.
- No major driving violations and no more than two minor violations in the past five years.
- Clean driving records are preferred.
One-year experience as a professional driver or driving a large vehicle preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass Head Start pre-placement physical and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination (including ongoing random drug and alcohol screening).
- Reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Experience transporting young children beneficial.
- Must be able to work with children and individuals of various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds safely, possess good physical mobility and dexterity and be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work split shifts.
Department: Head Start
Schedule: 36 Hours/Week, M-Thurs, Seasonal (9 – 10 Months/Year)
Starting Salary: $15.28/Hour
Posting Dates: 6/6/2021-9/6/2021
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays (14), health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.