Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Education Quality Support Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Relationship Based Professional Development (RBPD) for Head Start classrooms. The position will provide pedagogical leadership, mentoring, coaching, training and technical assistance to staff to support high quality, comprehensive child development and education services. The Practice-Based Coaching (PBC) model is the strategy used to guide the coaching in order to improve the teaching practices within classrooms in order to lead to positive outcomes for all children.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Responsible for providing coaching, feedback, setting individual teacher goals, training and modeling utilizing the Practice-Based Coaching (PBC) model to ensure that classroom staff structures the environment, plans and implements learning experiences, and provides social and emotional supports, which facilitate the development of young children, regardless of abilities.
- Develop a collaborative partnership with teachers, model and support research-based teaching strategies, set shared goals, implement action plans based on high quality teaching practices, and provide feedback using the Practice-Based Coaching Model.
- Model activities and teaching strategies for classroom staff that facilitate the development of all young children, regardless of abilities.
- Participate in classroom and program planning, as needed, by providing observations of children, strategies to work with specific children, and recommendations on how to meet child’s individual learning goals, support plan goals, and/or IEP goals.
- Attend agency meetings to discuss supporting the needs of children and families.
- Administer and interpret CLASS Observations to assist teaching staff in developing goals; also use information to plan and to give staff feedback for program improvement.
- Work with Center Education Coordinators (CECs) and the Assistant Director to propose, plan and deliver coaching plans and professional development opportunities for teaching staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate Teachers Learning and Collaborating (TLC) groups and build a collaborative partnership with teaching staff.
- Motivate and encourage teaching staff to implement and follow through on suggestions made to improve teaching practices. Inform supervisors if resistance of teaching staff is experienced.
- Train and/or consult as needed throughout the program based on research based teaching strategies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an early childhood setting required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous Head Start program experience preferred.
- CLASS Reliability Certification preferred (must obtain within 90 days of hire).
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum, TS GOLD, DECA, MPSI and the Pyramid Model preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the stamina to model best practices in the classroom and act appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physically capable of reacting to the demands of active 3-5 year olds.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate to people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
Department: Head Start
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week, Full Year
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 3/30/2021-4/12/2021
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.