Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Early Head Start Supervisor, this position conducts home visits to enrolled and interested families. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining relationships, conducting strengths-based family and child assessments, identifying and connecting families to additional resources, screening and working with the children on developmental skills, and nurturing the development of a strong parent-child relationship to achieve identified goals.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Conduct weekly home visits to assigned caseload to foster prenatal care, positive parenting and family dynamics, health and wellness, child and home safety, child development, and self-sufficiency.
- Conduct child development, health, nutrition, oral health, mental health, and parenting assessments, activities and education.
- Complete developmental screenings and assessments with enrolled children and make referrals if a developmental delay is suspected.
- Coach participants in the process of developing and implementing family goals, recognize accomplishments and assist in identification of barriers to achieving goals and strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Refer participants to community resources and other agencies, and participate in joint home visiting with other agencies to assist in the coordination of services.
- Implement and/or coordinate strengths-based child and family assessments and assist with goal and priority setting.
- Develop, plan and conduct group socialization and events for families.
- Assist in outreach activities and recruitment, including enrollment forms.
*Due to COVID-19, some of the job duties listed may be adjusted to accommodate working remotely and social distancing guidelines until further notice*
- Home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as part of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience working with children and/or families in diverse communities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with families with a history of trauma, homelessness, domestic violence and/or involvement with the child protection system preferred.
- Familiar with principles and practices of maternal and child health, safety and nutrition, adult learning principles, family dynamics, and positive parenting skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation on a daily basis required.
- Must have the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a variety of multi-ethnic and socio-economic groups and/or individuals, including non-English speaking families.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word) and Google calendar, mail and documents, and entering information in a complex database.
- Comfortable with utilizing mobile technology (Tablets, Mobile Applications, Texting) and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc).
- Experience working with parents and children ages 0 – 3 highly desirable.
- Experience working in a home visiting setting highly desirable.
- Experience with Head Start beneficial.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and physically capable of reacting to the demands of developing infants and toddlers and older children.
Position: Home Visitor
Department: Early Head Start
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week; Full Year
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays (14), health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 6/25/2020-7/9/2020
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.