Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the ERSEA (Eligibility Recruitment Selection Enrollment Attendance) Manager, this position is responsible for performing all aspects of enrollment support including data entry of applications; copying; filing; answering phones; word processing; developing or reviewing reports related to enrollment, recruitment, and attendance; and coordinating administrative support projects.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Enter a large amount of data into database quickly and accurately. Maintain electronic filing system and electronic workflows.
- Process and distribute application documents to Family Advocate – Recruitment Services staff.
- Prepare reports, tracking materials, and other office records as assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date mailing lists and phone numbers of clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Compose and distribute correspondence with applicants for signatures as assigned.
- Handle, read, prioritize, process, and distribute Enrollment’s incoming mail in an effective and efficient manner.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential, including applicant’s personally identifiable information, financial documents, and medical records.
- Communicate professionally with applicants and referral sources by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries; requesting any necessary documents; and sending forms for applicants to complete and sign.
- Manage the application and Enrollment email system.
- Receive, evaluate, and respond timely and appropriately to requests or inquiries. Initiate missing documentation follow-up. Forward phone calls to appropriate offices/voicemail as necessary.
- Assist with ERSEA-related team meetings and activities, including recruitment.
- Associate’s degree in an administrative support field and 1 year of experience in an administrative support role including data entry and customer service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Beneficial: Education or experience in tasks related to enrollment and recruitment.
- Experience with non-profit agencies and social service resources preferred. Head Start/Early Head Start experience is a plus.
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute with great accuracy.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate to people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Language fluency in Somali or Spanish preferred.
- Former or current Head Start/Early Head Start parents are encouraged to apply.
Department: Head Start
Salary: $17.57/Hr, $18.00/Hr (Bilingual Rate)
Languages: Somali or Spanish Preferred
Schedule: M– F, 40 Hours/Week, Full Year
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.