Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction and supervision of the ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance) Manager, this position will track child care subsidies (Child Care Assistance [CCAP], Pathway 1 and Pathway 2 Scholarships) for children enrolled in Early Head Start and Head Start, assist families to apply for child care subsidies, monitor enrollment and attendance for assigned sites, determine participant’s eligibility for HS/EHS, and participate in the program’s recruitment efforts.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Implement ERSEA policies and procedures and ongoing monitoring under the direction of the ERSEA Manager.
- Develop plans for and assist with recruitment activities for Head Start and Early Head Start services, including plans for recruiting participants eligible for child care subsidies.
- Provide workshops, training and/or technical assistance regarding child care subsidies to staff, families, and community in large and small group settings or individually, as needed.
- Track progress of timely enrollment of selected children and provide support to Family Advocates, Center Education Coordinators and the ERSEA team as needed.
- Ensure the program maintains funded enrollment levels for assigned sites, including those partially funded by child care subsidies. Maintain an active waiting list, assist to fill vacancies as needed at the individual sites, and analyze enrollment data to inform the planning process.
- Monitor attendance percentages to ensure compliance with Performance Standards and regulatory guidelines for slots partially funded by child care subsidies. Assist with analyzing attendance concerns and make recommendations relating to children’s attendance success.
- Evaluate, design and monitor systems to process child care subsidy enrollment applications, including determination of eligibility.
- In collaboration with the finance department, develop and implement a system to track and monitor the subsidy status of respective children and payments received.
- Assist with designing and creating marketing materials to promote the Head Start/Early Head Start program.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with Think Small, Ramsey County, the MN Department of Education, and other community agencies and organizations.
- AA Degree in Human Services, Communications, Marketing, or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience recruiting and working with children and/or families in diverse communities required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Minnesota’s child care subsidy sources (CCAP, Pathway 1, and Pathway 2).
- Extensive knowledge of community resources available to low income families required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) and Google Suite required.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Language fluency in Spanish, Somali, Hmong, or Karen preferred.
Department: Head Start
Salary: $22.30/Hr, $22.84/Hr (Bilingual)
Languages: Spanish, Somali, Hmong, or Karen preferred
Schedule: M– F, 40 Hours/Week, Full Year
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.