Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Finance, the Financial Manager, Head Start is responsible for the management of financial and accounting activities to support the Head Start program. This position prepares and monitors the $20+ million Head Start budgets and is responsible for all Head Start financial procedures, reporting and accounting. In collaboration with the Senior Director, Head Start & Early Head Start, the position will be the primary contact to the Head Start Regional Office concerning financial matters.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Ensures financial compliance for grant and funding sources.
- Serves as an expert in Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB’s) Uniform Guidance and Head Start fiscal regulations.
- Ensures agency fiscal policies and procedures are followed and assists in the development of requests for proposals(RFPs) and execution of contracts.
- Creates budgets, determines appropriate allocations and writes budget narratives for all grant proposals.
- Reviews and analyzes financial reports.
- Tracks and monitors ongoing (monthly and annual) expenses and ensures appropriate coding and allocation.
- Responsible for Head Start asset management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 -5 years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting Function in non-profit and grant funded organization.
- Experience with Head Start preferred.
- Prior experience or ability to construct and deliver concise, meaningful reports and presentations to multiple levels of the organization, including leadership and governance.
- Proficiency in using multiple software applications to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Working with and handling confidential data with appropriate discretion.
Salary: $58,795-$76,439 Annually
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 40 Hours/Week
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), 14 paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 3/10/2021-3/26/2021
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.