Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Come for the children ~ value the cultural diversity ~ engage in the holistic service approach ~ and contribute your skills and creativity to making a difference!! Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties is the second largest Head Start program in the state and serves more than 1500 children and their families each year. We are looking for teachers with passion who want to create learning experiences, and support and work with both the children and their families to help them achieve their full potential through high-quality child development and family support services. Excellent working environment includes:
- Maximum classroom size of 20 children
- Teacher/Teacher model (2 teachers in each classroom + volunteers)
- Work with underprivileged children; multi-cultural environment
- Family support – guaranteed parent involvement
- Salary increase at 6 months and 12 months (upon successful completion of probationary period).
- Training and tuition assistance
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Provide comprehensive services for children three to five years of age maintaining compliance of the program’s guidelines and performance standards (including MN Rule 3, Child & Adult Care Food Program), and strictly adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and ethics when working with children, parents and peers.
- Responsible for integrating the curriculum by creating lesson plans, developing individual learning plans to meet the needs of children, including observing, assessing, and documenting children’s progress.
- Undergo annual classroom observations (CLASS) that measure effective Teacher and child interactions, providing useful data to drive improvement. Observation scores must meet federal established guidelines.
Obtain and maintain the program’s assessment tool certification (TSGOLD) within established program deadlines.
- Promotes parent participation in all areas of the Head Start Program. Communicates opportunities such as volunteer opportunities in the classroom, center meetings and events, Parent Education activities, community events and resources, Policy Council and Advisory committees.
- Responsible for maintaining children’s classroom files and program database (daily attendance and meal count, home visits, conferences) children’s tracking log, monthly reports, health and safety logs, separation log, accident reports, and all mandated reporting documentation of suspected child abuse.
- Ensures appropriate health and safety practices by conducting the children’s daily informal health checks. Participates in emergency drills.
- Designs a safe and developmentally appropriate learning environment ensuring active supervision is maintained at all times. Inspects the classroom, indoor and outdoor space daily ensuring that materials are safe and removing or repairing unsafe equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining active supervision of children, providing ongoing communication with parents including home visits, parent conferences and other events.
- BA/BS Degree in Early Childhood Education or a degree in a related field with coursework equivalent required.
6 months exp. (student teaching included) in early childhood setting required.
- Head Start and Early Childhood Special Education experience preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and react to the demands of active 3-5 year olds.
- Must be able to relate to and communicate effectively with varied socio-economic and multi-ethnic groups and/or individuals.
- Language fluency in Spanish, Karen, and Nepali preferred.
Department: Head Start
BA $20.02/Hr, $20.54/Hr (Bilingual)
MA $20.11/Hr, $20.61/Hr (Bilingual)
Languages: Spanish, Karen, or Nepali Preferred
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 Hours/Week, Seasonal (9-10 Months/Year)
Posting Dates: 8/26/2020-9/11/2020
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO),14 paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.