Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the supervision of the Center Education Coordinator, this position is responsible for assisting with all types of classroom activities such as providing services in compliance with program guidelines, policies and procedures, implementing developmental assessments, maintaining active supervision of children, assisting teachers with preparing lesson plans, promoting parent participation, and assessing/screening children’s learning.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Assists with providing comprehensive services for children aged birth to three and/or three to five years of age.
- Maintains awareness of the developmental level of all children in the classroom, continually supervising and interacting with children.
- Assists with designing a safe and attractive learning environment.
- Assists with daily inspection of the center, classroom and playground daily, ensuring that materials and equipment are safe.
- Assists in implementing Head Starts’ approved curricula by writing detailed and comprehensive lesson plans which include goals to achieve measurable outcomes in each curriculum area.
- Assists in promoting parent participation in all areas of the Program.
- Strictly adheres to the highest standards of confidentiality and ethics when working with children, parents and peers.
- Assists with coordinating the Head Start classroom environment by integrating information and services from all Head Start Service areas and community partners.
- Assists with implementing developmental assessments, child observations, anecdotal records, and other relevant information to share with the team.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Rule 3 Licensing Guidelines, all relevant Health and Safety regulations, Federal Head Start Performance Standards, principles of Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP), and established agency policies and procedures.
- Is an active participant in center, agency and community meetings, and participates in classroom team meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent plus 15 credits of Early Childhood Education course work and 1 year experience in an early childhood setting.
- Must be enrolled and actively pursuing a CDA, AA or BA in Early Childhood Education within 6 months of hire.
Current CDA certificate, AA degree or BA degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate to people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the stamina to model best practices in the classroom and act appropriately in an emergency situation.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is preferred.
- Able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Language fluency in Spanish, Karen, Somali, or Nepali preferred.
Department: Head Start
Salary: $17.05/Hr, $17.47/Hr (Bilingual)
Languages: Spanish, Karen, Somali, or Nepali Preferred
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week, Seasonal (9-10 Months/Yr)
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 6/4/2021-6/21/2021
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.