Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction and supervision of the Health Services/Data Analyst Manager, this position is primarily responsible for providing direct health services to Head Start/Early Head Start children. This position also assists the Health Services Manager with development and implementation of Health Services according to the Head Start Performance Standards and other federal, state, local program guidelines and agency regulations.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Provides direct health care services to children in accordance to Head Start Performance Standards, Minnesota EPSDT/Child and Teen Check Ups and DHS Preschool Licensing Rule 3 requirements.
- Promptly refers children who are suspected of having chronic health issues for evaluation after securing written parental informed consent.
- Manages sight and hearing screenings for Head Start/Early Head Start children.
- Acts as a liaison to community school districts, health/dental service providers and nutrition service providers. Identify and utilize state and community resources for health services. Assist Health Services Manager in building partnerships with health care facilities to ensure that Head Start/Early Head Start children obtain their needed immunizations, physicals and dental examinations and treatment.
- Completes regular classroom walk-throughs to ensure required health procedures implementation and accountability.
- Coordinates children’s health summaries for parents and for public school registration.
- Provides health education /training to Head Start/Early Head Start staff, parents and Ramsey County Community members.
- Assists with the development and oversight of emergency plans, first aid procedures, sanitation and other hygienic measures in the classroom and play areas with the Health Services Manager.
- Conducts reviews and develops reports for state and federal compliance.
- Minnesota Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) required.
Experience working with racially and ethnically diverse children and families preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years general experience with children and families preferred. Prior nursing experience with children and families including health education highly preferred.
- Computer skills, both database and word processing needed.
- Ability to attain CPR/First Aid/AED trainer certification upon hiring.
- Knowledge of early childhood development and conditions and syndromes that may cause developmental delays in young children preferred.
- Knowledge of local and state child care health, sanitation, OSHA and Blood Borne Pathogens regulations.
- Language fluency in Spanish, Karen, Somali, or Hmong preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Department: Head Start Health
Salary: $21.45/Hr, $22.00/Hr (Bilingual Pay)
Languages: Spanish, Karen, Somali, or Hmong Preferred
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 4/26/2021-5/10/2021
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.