Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of ERSEA and Program Planning, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the transportation department including establishing routes, assigning children to routes, hiring, training and supervising assigned staff, overseeing the maintenance of buses, and ensuring procedures and policies comply with applicable regulations. This role also performs as a back-up driver or bus monitor as necessary.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Responsible for supervision of assigned transportation staff.
- Manage daily transportation staffing arrangements, including absences and late arrivals.
- Determine busing boundaries and develop routes for Head Start centers utilizing routing software.
- In partnership with ERSEA department, support ongoing route updates as needed and communication with families and partners regarding pick-up & drop-off time changes.
- Monitor documentation of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, ensuring that all defects are reported and addressed, and repairs are completed.
- Investigate all vehicle accidents and ensure that all reports are submitted to the insurance carrier, State Department of Transportation and supervisor.
- Act as main contact for communication and coordination between CAPRW Transportation and contracted transportation vendors.
- Ensure staff and contracted driving staff receives other trainings as required by federal, state and funding source regulations.
- Able to learn to use and train others on all computer software required for the position including routing software, GPS & camera surveillance software, ChildPlus google drive and docs and Workforce Go time cards.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Five years of experience in transportation industry including one year of supervisory experience.
- Two years of professional driving experience preferred.
- Experience in transportation of children preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger or school bus endorsement preferred.
- Because of multiple locations throughout Ramsey County, reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Must have knowledge of State and Federal Department of Transportation regulations, and requirements for transporting pre-school children.
- Knowledge of St. Paul metro area highly beneficial.
- Must be able to successfully pass Head Start pre-placement physical and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination (including ongoing random drug and alcohol screening).
Department: Head Start
Starting Salary Range: $49,167-$63,520 Annually
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week
Posting Dates: 4/15/2021-4/30/2021
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), 14 paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.