Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Center Education Coordinator or Assistant Center Education Coordinator, this position is responsible for monitoring students on the bus, escorting students, and assisting teachers with activities in the classroom as directed.
- Do you enjoy children that are ages 3 – 5 years old?
- Work with the bus drivers to ensure safety and the teachers to encourage children’s learning.
- We have excellent benefits that continue through the summer and automatic pay increases at 6 months and 12 months (upon successful completion of probationary period).
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Provide support and assistance to the driver on the daily route and field trips ensuring the safety of children on the bus.
- Provide support and assistance to the classroom teacher during classroom times to ensure and encourage children’s learning.
- Place children in age appropriate child restraints.
- Maintain chain of custody log of children assigned to the bus.
- Report incidents, accidents or unusual situations that could or would place a child at risk.
- Escort children on and off the vehicle at home and at the program facility, disembarking from the vehicle before discharging children, even if other adults are present.
- Conduct post trip inspections at the end of the day for items left on the bus. (Both driver and monitor are responsible for checking for children, ensuring that no child is left on the bus.)
- Maintain punctuality, demonstrate good attendance, and advise Transportation Supervisor and Center Education Coordinator as early as possible if unable to attend.
- Work cooperatively with driver and parents on the vehicle.
- Actively participate in all required training sessions.
- Maintain all child safety vests in a secure manner for each child.
- Assist classroom teachers in daily activities.
- Work cooperatively with teachers in the classroom.
- Assist with supervising children’s tooth-brushing, hand-washing, and toileting.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English.
Ability to work occasional evening hours.
- Experience with early childhood or education programs, nonprofit or social service beneficial.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Experience with varied socio-economic and multi-ethnic groups and/or individuals preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate with children, parents, and staff.
- Ability to prepare written reports as necessary.
- Must have adequate physical flexibility and dexterity.
- Must be able to assist in emergency evacuation of children from bus.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds as needed.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
- Able to learn and utilize e-mail and timecard software system.
- A valid driver’s license is beneficial.
- Language fluency in Spanish, Somali, Karen, Nepali, or Burmese preferred.
Department: Head Start
Salary: $13.25/Hr, $13.57/Hr (Bilingual)
Languages: Spanish, Somali, Karen, Nepali, or Burmese Preferred
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 33 Hrs/Week; Some evening hours
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 6/17/2020-7/1/2020
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.