Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Center Education Coordinator and the Teacher, this professional position is responsible for assisting in planning and teaching an educational program based on Creative Curriculum and the Head Start Performance Standards. This position assists in providing a balanced environment that is healthy, safe and encourages exploration and learning. A team teaching approach is implemented at all Head Start Centers. This approach involves all Center Staff in working cooperatively towards the goals of each child and of the program.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Assist in providing an attractive, safe, and healthy environment.
- Responsible for assisting in development of weekly lesson plan in accordance with Creative Curriculum; implementing the daily schedule, classroom and outdoor activities. Supervise children during these activities.
- Assist in providing social and emotional development by providing positive guidance and discipline.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating field trips and learning activities.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality and interacting professionally with children, staff, and parents, projecting a positive image of Head Start. Work cooperatively with the Center team.
- Assist in setting up and conducting a minimum of two Home visits and two Center conferences yearly. Update children’s emergency cards.
- Assist with compiling reports.
- Assist in orientation of parents and volunteers. Greets children arriving on buses and assists in bringing them to buses for departure.
- Attend required trainings and meetings (Center, Agency, In-Service) and others designated through training assignments.
- Act as interpreter between staff, children, and/or parent and all other necessary parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Experience with early childhood or education programs, nonprofit or social service beneficial.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Experience with varied socio-economic and multi-ethnic groups and/or individuals preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and have the stamina to model best practices in the classroom and act appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
- Obtain a CPR/First Aid Certification within 90 days of hire; must maintain certifications.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with children, parents, and staff.
- Ability to use a computer and related software applications.
- Language fluency in Spanish, Karen, or Somali preferred.
Department: Head Start
Salary: $15.28/Hr, $15.66/Hr (Bilingual)
Languages: Spanish, Karen, or Somali Preferred
Schedule: M-Th, 18 Hours/Week, Seasonal (9-10 Months/Year)
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 6/24/2021-7/16/2021
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.