Website KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc.
Buildling Community to End Poverty
Head Start Classroom Teachers
Why Work For Us: Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
In a survey, 100% of employees stated that their job contributes to the mission.
We offer the opportunity to give back to the community, paired with competitive wages & benefits, all during weekday daytime hours.
Work as part of a collaborative team to establish and maintain an age and developmentally appropriate Head Start / Early childhood classroom. Ensure that Head Start Performance Standards and MN Rule #3 licensing guidelines are followed in the classroom. Complete ongoing assessment and tracking of children’s outcomes.
- AA/BA Degree with Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, or AS/BA Degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field with equivalent coursework)
- DHS Background Study Clearance
- Employee Physical, TB Risk Assessment, & COVID-19 Vaccination
- 40 Hours/Week following school calendar; 20 Hours/Week during summer months
- Daytime weekday shift- no nights, weekends, or holiday shifts.
- Itasca County
- Starting Wage of $18.70 or $21.74/hour based on Education qualifications
- Wage Scale of $18.70 to $31.66
- Scheduled Raises & Cost of Living Allowances
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) Package + 13 Paid Holidays/year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances,
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account options.
- Retirement Plan with option for employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance opportunities & Loan Forgiveness qualifying credit
- Many Training and Professional Development opportunities.
Applicants must submit a KOOTASCA application to be considered. A complete job description, more position information, and our online application are located at www.kootasca.org/about/employment
KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to disability or protected Veterans status. Upon request, all forms will be made available in alternative formats per requirements of ADA.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com