Website MAHUBE-OTWA CAP, INC
Community Action Agency
MAHUBE-OTWA is actively recruiting a Head Start Center/Home Base Teacher. Seeking caring individuals with a strong independent initiative, and experience implementing developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood development and family support services. Partner with program staff and community resources to provide a continuum of services to children and families living in poverty from diverse backgrounds offering them the opportunity to reach self-sufficiency Your workdays will be filled with educating young minds, laughter, art, stories, hugs and so much more. Go home each day having had fun at work and feeling like you made a difference!
Implement curriculum that provides an inclusive learning environment allowing for children’s development based on individual need. Provide a daily routine and prepare a weekly lesson plan ensuring all required elements are incorporated.
Manage case load of assigned families. Conduct home visits and work with parents to improve parenting skills by providing education on child development and modeling appropriate developmental practices. Plan and conduct activities focusing on both child and parent(s).
Provide nutritional food experience or nutrition education once monthly. Assist families directly or through referrals with, health, literacy, education, housing, employment, financial literacy, mental health, substance abuse and crisis intervention services.
Pay: $21.91 – $24.18
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday – Friday, full time seasonal with summer layoff
Work Remotely: No, travel within service area required
Location: Detroit Lakes, MN
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vision. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, PTO and more…
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework and experience in the early childhood field or a current Teaching License.
• Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and DHS licensing regulations and ability to operate center in accordance with standards.
• Must have the ability to work positively and cooperatively with children, families, and staff as well as internal and external partners.
• Must effectively manage typical and spontaneous classroom situations. Must have the ability to handle emergency situations with young children and families.
• Must honor private/confidential information.
• Must have valid drivers’ license.
• DHS NetStudy Clearance required
Why join the MAHUBE-OTWA family?
Be part of our team of passionate, purpose-driven colleagues who believe in our Agency values – Client Focused, Community Minded and Resourceful. Help us achieve our Mission to empower people to achieve self- sufficiency. Make a lasting impact in the fight against poverty and homelessness. Make a difference in the lives of others. Help us deliver tangible results that empower people and strengthen our communities.
A COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED as well as 2 letters of reference
Complete the application on our website WWW.MAHUBE.ORG/APPLY-NOW
MAHUBE-OTWA Community Action Partnership, Inc.
1125 West River Road, P.O. Box 747
Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com