Website MAHUBE-OTWA CAP, INC
Community Action Agency
Community Action Partnership, Inc.
Serving Mahnomen • Hubbard • Becker • Otter Tail • Wadena Counties
Our Mission… To Empower People to Achieve Self Sufficiency
MAHUBE-OTWA is actively recruiting a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). We are seeking a passionate individual to help us strengthen our communities by providing direct health care services and supporting, empowering, and advocating for others. The LPN will provide health care education, nursing services, screenings, laboratory tests, and promote the well-being of all patients seen at our Family Planning and Health Clinics and Head Start Classrooms/Home Visits. Identify strengths and barriers as well as individual needs, formulate a person-centered plan of action, and aid in accessing and coordinating services to meet each family’s needs.
Pay: $25.69 – $27.21
Schedule: Full Time, 32 hours/week, Monday – Friday
Remote Work: Limited, Travel within service area required
Location(s): Detroit Lakes, MN preferred
Program(s): Family Health & Head Start
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Vision, Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, PTO and more…
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Degree in Licensed Practical Nursing, current Minnesota LPN license, and current CPR certification required. One year of related nursing experience preferred.
• Experience working as a staff nurse and providing basic health care information to patients.
• Knowledge and experience writing routine medical reports and correspondence.
• Knowledge of community health issues and community organizations that will partner with Family Health program to provide information and education.
• Effective and professional oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to express / exchange ideas and instructions to clients, the public or other employees.
• Must work with others and have outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, understanding, and helpfulness. Ability to work and communicates effectively with people of all backgrounds.
• Ability to read and write medical terminology proficiently. Ability to interpret documents such as medical orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and accuracy skills is essential.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions and percentages, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply common sense solutions in standardized situations.
• Basic computer skills including working with e-mail, Internet, data entry, computer files and data bases.
• Understand mandated reporting laws.
• Must be able to maintain privacy and strict confidentiality.
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license, with ability to travel to locations within agency service area.
• DHS NetStudy background clearance required prior to hire
Why join the MAHUBE-OTWA family?
Be part of our team of passionate, purpose-driven colleagues who believe in our Agency values – Client Focused, Community Minded and Resourceful. Help us achieve our Mission to empower people to achieve self-sufficiency. Make a lasting impact in the fight against poverty and homelessness. Make a difference in the lives of others. Help us deliver tangible results that empower people and strengthen our communities.
A COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED
Complete the application on our website WWW.MAHUBE.ORG/APPLY-NOW
Equal Opportunity Employer