Website MAHUBE-OTWA CAP, INC
Community Action Agency
Do you have experience in early childhood development?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of the families in your community?
Is working for a company that is community-minded important to you?
MAHUBE-OTWA is actively recruiting Child Care Startup and Retention Specialists. We are seeking individuals to help us strengthen our communities by improving access to child care for families by increasing the supply of high-quality, licensed child care programs. Identify, recruit, coach and support individuals and organizations in starting a new business as a licensed child care program, in retaining existing programs that may be at risk of closing, and expanding programs with the potential to grow. Collaborate with state and local community partners within the Child Care Aware statewide and regional service area to respond to regional child care needs.
Pay: $23.63 – $26.66
Schedule: Full Time, Monday – Friday
Remote Work: Partially Remote, Travel within assigned region
Program Region 2 – Lake of the Woods, Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, and Mahnomen counties
Areas: Region 5 – Cass, Crow Wing, Todd, Morrison and Wadena counties
Duty Station: Park Rapids, Wadena or Mahnomen, MN preferred
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vision, Paid Parental Leave, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Vision, Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay, PTO and more…
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
· Four (4) year degree in child development, early childhood education, or related field plus one year of experience. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
· At least one year related experience such as a licensed family child care program, group family child care program, head start, or child care center. Experience starting a child care program preferred.
· Knowledge of MN Rule 2 and/or Rule 3 child care licensing regulations. Knowledge of family, friend, and neighbor and legally non-licensed child care preferred.
· Experience with community organizing, community engagement, and outreach. Must be familiar with community resources to support a wide range of goals and work effectively and cooperatively with partners to carry out job activities.
· Ability to work independently and within a flexible schedule. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
· Demonstrated intercultural competency skills and experience working cross-culturally, with a commitment to incorporating the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion into work.
· Exceptional professionalism required with staff, participants, and all stakeholders.
· Ability to provide individualized coaching and mentoring with care and patience as part of a collaborative community network. Must be able to develop and maintain relationships which encourage individuals to talk comfortably about setbacks, accomplishments, and goals. Must be able to use a person-centered approach to assess individual and program strengths, develop plans, and coordinate needed services as well as recognize that individuals and programs have the potential to grow and change.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
· Ability to be resourceful, flexible, adaptable, and demonstrate commitment.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to proficiently read and speak Spanish preferred.
· Must have knowledge of the impact of historical and contemporary inequities.
· Must be able and willing to make home visits.
· Must be able to honor private/confidential information.
· Must have valid drivers’ license and must pass Background Study.
Why join the MAHUBE-OTWA family?
Be part of our team of passionate, purpose-driven colleagues who believe in our Agency values – Client Focused, Community Minded and Resourceful. Help us achieve our Mission to empower people to achieve self-sufficiency. Make a lasting impact in the fight against poverty and homelessness. Make a difference in the lives of others. Help us deliver tangible results that empower people and strengthen our communities.
A COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED
Complete the application on our website WWW.MAHUBE.ORG/APPLY-NOW
MAHUBE-OTWA Community Action Partnership, Inc.
1125 West River Road, P.O. Box 747
Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
Equal Opportunity Employer