Website Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Job Title: Assistant Teacher/DHS Qualified
Supervised by: Teacher/Center Supervisor/Director
Job Summary: The Assistant Teacher assists the Teacher in planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the children enrolled in Head Start.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Teacher in maintaining clean, safe classroom space.
• Assist the Teacher in planning and providing an individualized curriculum for
• Assist the Teacher in completing all required documentation (e.g., lesson plans, incident reports).
• Responsible in absence of Teacher.
• Participate in Mediator Team meetings.
• Dependable attendance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
• Meet state licensing requirements for Assistant Teacher position.
• Good communication, record keeping and writing skills.
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
• Interest and willingness to work with young children and their families.
• Ability to learn how to use a Macintosh computer and the FileMaker Pro application.
• Ability to work well with individuals from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• This position requires repetitive physical activity, including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting on the floor, and the ability to lift and safely carry at least 50 pounds.
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com