Website Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Job Title: EHS Assistant Teacher
Supervised by: Center Director /Center Supervisor
Job Summary: The Early Head Start Assistant Teacher assists the Teacher in planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the children enrolled in Early Head Start.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Teacher in maintaining clean, safe classroom space.
• Assist the Teacher in planning and providing an individualized curriculum for children.
• Assist the Teacher in completing all required documentation (e.g., lesson plans, incident reports).
• Responsible in absence of Teacher.
• Participate in Mediator Team meetings.
• Dependable attendance.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must meet federal, state licensing and Head Start requirements for Early Head Start Assistant Teacher position. Must have at least a Child Development Associate (CDA) for infant/toddler age group or an Associates Degree with infant/toddler classes and experience.
• Good communication, record keeping and writing skills.
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
• Interest and willingness to work with young children and their families.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to learn how to use a Macintosh computer and the FileMaker Pro application.
• Ability to work well with individuals from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• This position requires repetitive physical activity, including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting on the floor, and the ability to lift and safely carry at least 50 pounds.
This job description is a summary and does not necessarily represent a complete list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. Rev. 3/19 AA/EOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org