Website Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Job Title: Head Teacher
Supervised by: Center Director/Center Supervisor
Job Summary: The Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the enrolled children. This position operates a safe, diverse and developmentally appropriate classroom in accordance with all applicable requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a clean, safe, positive classroom atmosphere and space.
• Provide an individualized curriculum for children.
• Direct Assistant(s)/Aide(s) in their interaction with children and provision of curriculum.
• Complete all required documentation (e.g., classroom daily journal, incident reports).
• Provide training and technical assistance to classroom staff and volunteers as necessary.
• Involve parents in all aspects of the program – promote parent involvement.
• Participate in Mediator Team meetings.
• Direct the work of education staff, parent trainees, substitutes and volunteers in the classroom. Motivate and help with problem solving and ensure confidentiality.
• Review materials of supervisees/classroom staff for accuracy.
• Complete performance appraisals, grant time off requests including vacation (in conjunction with Center Supervisor) and assist with hiring process.
• Direct and maintain staff to child ratios.
• Attend staff, parent, or agency meetings, staff trainings or other meetings as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Meet federal Head Start requirements for (Head) Teacher position.
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development and teaching
techniques or a combination of education, experience and training.
• Interest and willingness to work with young children and families.
• Good verbal/written skills.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Reliable car and insurance.
• Will get degree within required timeline.
• Ability to work well with individuals from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Dependable attendance.
• This position requires repetitive physical activity, including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting on the floor, and the ability to lift and safely carry at least 50 pounds.
This job description is a summary and does not necessarily represent a complete list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. Ref.100-Rev 3/19 HR
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org