Website Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc. (PICA) is a private, nonprofit agency designated by the federal government to operate Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Minnesota. PICA serves over 2,600 children and families and offers a variety of programs and services.
Job Title: Head Start Assistant Teacher
Job Summary: The Head Start Assistant Teacher assists the Teacher in planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the children enrolled in Head Start.
· This is a full-time year round position.
· 14 paid holidays.
· 12 additional PTO days per year.
· Additional paid winter break.
· Meet state and federal licensing requirements for Head Start. CDA/AA/BA preferred.
· Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer skills.
· Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
· Ability to work with people from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Interest in working with young children and their families.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual leave, retirement and education/training opportunities. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Apply online at www.picaheadstart.org or at 700 Humboldt Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411. AA/EOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org