Website Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc. (PICA) is a private, nonprofit agency designated by the federal government to operate Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Minnesota. PICA serves over 2,600 children and families and offers a variety of programs and services.
PICA is currently seeking Head Start Assistant Teachers.
Job Title: Head Start Assistant Teacher
Job Summary: The Head Start Assistant Teacher assists the Teacher in planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the children enrolled in Head Start.
• This is a full-time year round position.
• 13 paid holidays.
• 12 additional PTO days per year.
• Additional paid winter break.
• Meet state and federal licensing requirements for Head Start. CDA/AA/BA preferred.
• Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer skills.
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
• Ability to work with people from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Interest in working with young children and their families.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual leave, retirement and education/training opportunities. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Apply online at www.picaheadstart.org or at 700 Humboldt Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411. AA/EOE
To apply for this job please visit fmp.picaheadstart.org.