Website Scott Dakota Carver CAP Agency
Scott Dakota Carver CAP Agency
Apple Valley, Chaska, Eagan, Farmington, Savage, Inver Grove Heights, Rosemount, Shakopee, West St. Paul
The On-call Substitute Teacher Assistant works with the Head Start Teacher in implementing all classroom activities including meal service. The On-call Substitute Teacher Assistant cooperates with the Teacher, Paraprofessional and other Head Start staff in providing the best possible program. Works with parents and other volunteers in the classroom and performs other duties as assigned by the teacher.
• Plans with teacher and implements daily activities; including child assessments using Creative Curriculum.
• Works with the children individually and in groups in the center; accompanies the class on field trips.
• Substitutes for teacher when the teacher is not able to be in the classroom, assuming all the responsibilities of teacher while in charge of the classroom.
• Works with teacher and paraprofessional to serve and clean up meals and purchase groceries. Participates in family-style meals.
• Actively participates in cleaning and maintenance of the center.
• Is responsible for independently conducting up to 50% of Home Visits and Parent Teacher Conferences.
• Attends team meetings, CAP Agency and Head Start trainings/meetings and other training as assigned.
• Communicates with parents and staff to ensure complete services for each child. Communicates all relevant messages and information to teacher in a timely manner.
• Assists in maintaining a safe indoor and outdoor environment in all aspects of the program.
• Welcomes and supports parent and other volunteers at the center.
• Assists in planning and conducting parent center committees and family events with teacher and Family Service Coordinator.
• Shares responsibility for completion of program paperwork such as attendance and meal count, daily safety check, in-kind.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
Child Development Associate Credential (CDA). Current Infant/Child First Aid and CPR Certificate.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver’s License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
A job in this category may include and require sitting, standing, walking and lifting up to 40lbs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.