Website Three Rivers Community Action, Inc.
The Head Start Assistant Teacher assists the Lead Teacher to: provide a safe, secure and nurturing classroom environment for 17-20 children; implement developmentally appropriate learning environments and curriculum; develop a partnership with families that identifies and highlights the family’s strengths, needs and supports; assist with transitions into and out of the Head Start program; participate in ongoing recruitment efforts; and actively encourage parents to participate in the program and provide appropriate opportunities and educational activities. (Full Position Description will be shared with applicants selected for in-person interviews; to request full description, call 507-316-0610.)
Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. is a non-profit agency providing economic opportunities that strengthen individuals, families and communities in southeastern Minnesota.
This full time position (40 hours per week) will be based in Zumbrota with occasional travel to visit families of students (when that is allowed – suspended due to COVID-19), as well as for training and meetings (which are mostly virtual right now due to COVID-19).
Excellent benefit package.
Job offers are contingent on a reference check, as well as a Background Study and fingerprinting through the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
This is a seasonal position subject to layoff between school years.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Child Development Associate (CDA)Certificate
- Candidates without a CDA may be considered for a Classroom Aide position
- AA in Early Childhood/Child Development preferred but not required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) beneficial but not required
- Able to obtain certification in CPR/First Aid within 3 months
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Current, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with the ability to complete travel for home visits, meetings, training, etc.
- Able to work occasional evening hours for home visits and work-related events
- Able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height frequently; reach above shoulder level; bend/stoop; squat; crawl; climb; kneel; balance; push/pull; sit on the floor; and move quickly in the event of an emergency
Online application preferred. However, a paper application form may be requested by calling 507-316-0610.
Three Rivers is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.