Website Three Rivers Community Action
This position provides on-the-job guidance, coaching, training and technical assistance to the infant and toddler classroom teaching staff. This positions works inside and outside of the classroom to help improve the quality of teaching and learning for staff and children. Another key element is supporting and advocating for families. (Full Position Description will be shared with applicants selected for in-person interviews; to request full description, call 507-316-0610.)
Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. is a non-profit agency providing economic opportunities that strengthen individuals, families and communities in southeastern Minnesota.
This part-time position (25 hours per week) will be based in Northfield with frequent travel in personal vehicle for home visits, and occasional travel for training and meetings.
This position includes the Agency’s 403(b) Retirement Plan with an Agency match after one year of employment.
Job offers are contingent on a reference check and a criminal background check which requires fingerprinting through the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
Family Advocate and Engagement
- Provide support and resources for families, which includes enrollment, family goal setting, compliance with medical requirements, maintenance of child care subsidy and emergent needs through home visits
- Encourage families with their goals, seek out help, and participate in activities
- Complete documentation for interactions with families
- Complete home visits and paperwork with each family
- Plan and organize monthly Family Engagement Hours
- Follow up with the children’s screenings and referrals
- Support teachers in their classroom
- Observe and mentor teachers, then model best practice in the classroom to help teachers learn and grow
- Visit both classrooms on a regular basis to encourage open communication in an instructional and nonjudgmental manner, while working together to problem solve
- Instruct classroom staff on how to interpret child data and how to use it for improved outcomes for children and continuous program improvement
- Support teachers with their conferences and home visits
- Support teachers with curriculum and completing assessments
Attend meetings and trainings
- Fill in as teacher in the classroom as needed
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field that includes 6 or more courses in Early Childhood Education
- Experience in the Early Childhood field; prefer 3-5 years of teaching experience in Early Childhood classroom or with Head Start
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation needed to do home visits
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
Flexible with work hours to meet the needs of the program and the families, which includes one evening a month to facilitate Family Engagement Hour
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data privacy
- Competent with computers and comfortable using technology
- Ability to use judgment to organize and develop systems for accuracy and meeting deadline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must meet MN Rule 3 Assistant Teacher or Teacher qualification
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided by Agency)
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height frequently; reach above shoulder level; bend/stoop; squat; crawl; climb; kneel; balance; push/pull; sit on the floor; and move quickly in the event of an emergency
Online application preferred: www.threeriverscap.org/about/jobs. However, a paper application form may be requested by calling 507-316-0610.
Three Rivers is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.