Website Wright County Community Action
WCCA is a private 501(c)3 corporation serving Wright County
You will work collaboratively with the classroom teacher to implement daily activities which promote physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development for enrolled children ages 3 – 5 years old.
Required Education and Experience:
- Have or are working towards a Child Development Associate credential (CDA), a state awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential; or
- Meet or exceed MN DHS Rule 3 qualifications for Assistant Teacher and are willing to complete a CDA within 2 years of hire.
- Classroom experience as an Early Childhood Educator.
- Experience within a Head Start classroom is preferred.
- Must meet State Licensing requirements for First Aid and CPR certification, Child Passenger Safety training, physical examination, and pass a MN DHS required background study.
- Experience working with Spanish speaking parents and children preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate to and work with staff and parents.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to utilize and operate computers in child activities.
- Must be able to act as bus monitor.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
This position works 40 hours per week during the school year with benefits being offered year round.
A Covid-19 vaccine or WCCA approved exemption is required per a Federal Head Start vaccine mandate.