Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Head Start Assistant Director, this management position is responsible for oversight and assisting in the implementation of effective services to children and families in the Head Start program. Duties include assisting in the responsibilities for center operations, policies and procedures, acting as a liaison with parents, staff, internal and external collaborative partners, coordinating day-to-day classroom substitute staffing, and oversight of educational support staff and activities. This position may require teaching in the classroom, or in the role of any open position.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Responsible for supporting Center Education Coordinators with the supervision of center staff, and facilitating internal and external collaborative partners’ involvement to ensure classrooms and center are functioning in accordance with Minnesota Department of Human Services Division of Licensing (Rule 3-Regulations and Guidelines), Head Start Performance Standards, Parent Aware (MN QRIS), and the Child and Adult Care Food Program guidelines (CACFP).
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day center operations. Duties include assisting in establishing operating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all state, federal and program regulations and requirements.
- Assist in ensuring all health, nutrition, and safety practices are followed according to state licensing and Head Start Performance Standards including: immunizations, physicals, notice of sick children, administration of medicine, sanitation practices, meals and snacks, prescribed diet and food allergies.
- Mentor, coach and provide work direction for assigned staff. Assist in overseeing work schedules to ensure proper ratios and workloads are managed appropriately.
- Assist in all aspects of field trips including scheduling, communication, transportation, permission slips, staffing and payment.
- Assist with the DHS Licensing of new Centers/classrooms, when applicable, and DHS Licensing visit preparation paperwork.
- Assist in developing and conducting new employee orientation and ensure new staff is provided with comprehensive training that meets Head Start requirements.
- Assist in ensuring implementation of curriculum in compliance with established program criteria, documentation of child assessment outcomes and tracking of program database information.
- Perform timely, accurate and detailed documentation when situations arise to warrant an internal investigation.
- Recommend and facilitate discipline up to termination as necessary.
- Accompany staff on Home Visit and Parent Conferences to provide support and technical assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education.
- One year supervisory experience in a Early Childhood center or Head Start required. Six months of supervisory experience may be substituted with:
- 5 years of experience teaching in a Head Start classroom
- 3 years of demonstrated experience of increasing responsibility in a Head Start Program
- Two years of experience teaching in an early childhood setting required.
- Previous Head Start experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP), Dual Language Learners, MN Early Learning Standards, Head Start Performance Standards, Rule 3 requirements, CLASS tool, TS Gold Assessment Tool, MN accepted screening tools and knowledge of child development.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within 90 days of hire; must maintain certifications.
- Cultural competence and proven ability to work effectively and respectfully with varied socio-economic and culturally and linguistically diverse groups and/or individual.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically capable of reacting to the demands of active 3-5 year olds.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule with some evening hours.
Department: Head Start
Starting Salary Range: $50,374-$65,079 Annually
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week, Seasonal
Posting Dates: 11/22/2021-12/3/2021
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), 14 paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.