Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction and supervision of the ERSEA/Family Services Coordinator, this position is responsible for activities related to the eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment and attendance (ERSEA) for the agency. This position will work as a crucial part of the recruitment team to maintain full enrollment across the agency.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Responsible for recruiting eligible children and maintaining full enrollment.
- Actively identify and recruit prospective families for Head Start/Early Head Start to maintain both full-funded enrollment and a wait list of eligible applicants.
- Complete enrollment applications with families to determine eligibility for the Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
- Process applications with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Recruit children with special needs from community and school agencies to ensure that children with documented disabilities/special needs comprise 10% of annual enrollment opportunities.
- Assist in the collection of required medical information and help families to remove barriers in obtaining health care.
- In conjunction with the health staff, support families in developing a medical and dental home and access to appropriate health insurance.
- Document weekly recruitment/outreach activities and number of applications completed.
- Assist the ERSEA Manager in the development of ERSEA strategies and policies in compliance with Federal Standards.
- Monitor attendance to ensure 85% rate. Assist in analyzing attendance concerns and make recommendations related to putting children back on the waitlist and enrolling new children from waitlist.
- Monitor enrollment to ensure no more than 10% of families are over income per performance standards.
- AA Degree in Human Services, Early Childhood, or Behavioral Sciences or related degree
- 2 years of experience working with children and/or families in diverse communities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Google docs and e-mail.
- Must be able to navigate and enter data in a complex database.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs and perform home visits
- Knowledge of Head Start preferred.
- Experience with child care subsidies preferred.
- Language fluency Karen highly preferred.
Department: Head Start
Salary: $21.45/Hr, $22.00/Hr (Bilingual)
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hrs/Week, Full Year
Posting Dates: 6/1/2021-6/11/2021
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO),14 paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.