Website Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Head Start and Early Head Start, this position is responsible for collaborating with, monitoring, and supporting the Child Care Partners providing Head Start services to children and families in their centers. This position will ensure that Child Care Partners are compliant with Head Start Performance Standards, MN Rule 3 Child Care Licensing and other applicable policies and regulations. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all CAPRW Head Start sites comply with MN Rule 3 Licensing regulations and are knowledgeable about the implementation of regulations. Finally, this position will provide trainings to CAPRW staff and/or partners related to improving the quality of the early care and education services provided to children and families.
Duties & Responsibilities (Not All Inclusive):
- This position is responsible for ensuring that Head Start Child Care Partners are compliant with applicable state and federal rules and regulations including Head Start Performance Standards and Minnesota Rule 3.
- Monitor contract fulfillment of each child care partner.
- Develop a strength-based monitoring system that includes contractual expectations, HS Performance Standards, and MN Rule 3 regulations.
- In collaboration with the Program Design Manager, Assistant Director, Head Start/Early Head Start and the Health Manager/Data Analyst, create and implement a reporting system for services provided at childcare partner sites.
- Implement the Practice-Based Coaching (PBC) model with education staff at Child Care Partner sites. Responsible for providing coaching, feedback, setting individual teacher goals, training and modeling to ensure classroom staff structure the environment, lesson plans, learning experiences, and social and emotional supports, which facilitate the development of young children, regardless of abilities.
- Ensure the development and implementation of program policies and procedures are fully compliant with MN Rule 3 regulations.
Track and communicate to Head Start leadership all changes and/or clarifying interpretations in licensing regulations.
- Analyze results from the licensing monitoring visits for systemic concerns that require adjustments in policies and procedures, changes in practices, and professional development needs.
- Identify training needs and coordinate, facilitate and/or implement training for Head Start staff and/or partners in areas related to licensing regulations.
- Collaborate with Head Start management team to determine professional development needs across the program to increase the quality of early care and education services.
- Develop and implement trainings related to continuous quality improvement in the Early Head Start and Head Start program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience successfully managing a licensed childcare facility.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of early childhood development, MN Rule 3 Childcare Licensing Regulations, and Child Care Assistance and Scholarship requirements and billing.
- Knowledge of community resources for low-income families preferred.
- Knowledge of Head Start preferred.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within 90 days of hire; must maintain certifications.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with proof of insurance is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
Department: Head Start
Salary Range: $52,117-$67,332
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 Hrs/Week, Full Year
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 9/22/2020-10/6/2020
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.