Website KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc.
Building Community to End Poverty
Classroom Teacher Job Summary
Work as part of a collaborative team to establish and maintain an age and developmentally appropriate Head Start / Early childhood classroom. Ensure that Head Start Performance Standards and MN Rule #3 licensing guidelines are followed in the classroom. Complete ongoing assessment and tracking of children’s outcomes.
- Minimum: AA Degree with Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, or AS Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field with equivalent coursework.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree with course work equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, Sudden Unexplained Infant Death, and Preventing Abusive Head Trauma, or willingness to obtain through agency.
- Minimum: more than 1 year working in childcare setting.
- DHS Background Study Clearance
- Employee Physical/TB Risk Assessment
- Valid Driver’s License
OPENING DATE: Thursday, June 2, 2021
RATE OF PAY:
- Minimum Qualifications: Entry Wage of $16.25 with Wage Range of $16.25 to $24.38 per hour
- Preferred Qualifications: Entry Wage of $19.42 with Wage Range of $19.42 to $29.12 per hour
- SCHEDULE: 40 Hours per Week following school calendar; 20 Hours per Week during summer months
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) Policy, 13 Paid Holidays/Year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options.
- Retirement Plan with option for employer contribution, Employee Assistance Program,
- Tuition Assistance opportunities, Loan Forgiveness qualifying credit,
- Scheduled Raises & Cost of Living Adjustments,
- Training and Professional Development opportunities.
- Grand Rapids, MN
- Keewatin, MN
- Northome, MN
APPLYING: Applicants must submit an application to be considered. A complete job description, more position information, and our online application are located at www.kootasca.org/about/employment
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will begin being reviewed on Monday, June 14th, 2021
KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to disability or protected Veterans status.
Upon request, all forms will be made available in alternative formats per requirements of ADA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org