Website KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc.
Buildling Community to End Poverty
JOB POSTING: Education Support Manager @ KOOTASCA
Why Work For Us
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
In a survey, 100% of employees stated that their job contributes to the mission. We offer the opportunity to give back to the community, paired with competitive wages & benefits, all during weekday daytime hours.
This position works as part of a team to provide a quality seamless Early Childhood Education program, serving children from birth to 5 years of age in Itasca and Koochiching County. Work to ensure the compliance of programming under Federal Performance Standards and MN Childcare Licensing. Assist in the hiring and training of employees, supervision of assigned staff, as well as the implementation of a coaching strategy that works to ensure classroom staff reach their full potential. Work to improve the quality of lesson plans, TSG observations, data tracking, and usage. Ensure disability, mental health, health, and safety requirements for the Head Start Program are being met. Assist program staff in promoting positive, significant, and sustained outcomes for children.
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree in Early Childhood Education, or a BA or advanced degree and equivalent coursework in Early Childhood Education.
- CLASS Certification and willingness to maintain.
- 3+ years Early Childhood teaching experience
- Coaching Experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience in securing and individualizing needed services for children with disabilities.
- DHS Background Study
- Valid Driver’s License
- Employee Physical/TB Risk Assessment
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- MVR Approval for use of agency vehicles
- 40 Hours/Week from August through May
- 32 Hours/Week from June through July
- Daytime weekday shift- no nights, weekends, or holiday shifts.
- Itasca County
- Wage scale of $26.19 to $38.46/hour.
- Scheduled Raises & Cost of Living Adjustments
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) Package + 13 Paid Holidays/year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account options
- Retirement Plan with option for employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance opportunities & Loan Forgiveness qualifying credit
- Many Training and Professional Development opportunities
Applicants must submit a KOOTASCA application to be considered. A complete job description, more position information, and our online application are located at www.kootasca.org/about/employment
KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to disability or protected Veterans status. Upon request, all forms will be made available in alternative formats per requirements of ADA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org