Website KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc.
Building Community to End Poverty
Family & Classroom Support Job Summary
This is a combined position, providing assistance in the classroom as well as support services to families.
During classroom hours, work cooperatively with Classroom Teachers in providing age and developmentally appropriate preschool education and activities. Ensure Head Start Performance Standards and Rule 3 licensing requirements are being met at all times.
Establish rapport and build relationships with families while providing necessary and individualized support in order for families to get out of poverty. Assist clients in identifying and eliminating personal, social, financial, education, and employment barriers that result in poverty and/or dependency on public assistance.
- Minimum: Child Development Associate/Certificate
- Preferred: Associates or Two Year College Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Family Development Specialist Certification or willingness to obtain through the agency.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, Sudden Unexplained Infant Death, and Preventing Abusive Head Trauma, or willingness to obtain through agency.
- Minimum: more than 1 year experience in childcare.
- Experience working with families, children and community services.
- DHS Background Study
- Valid Driver’s License
- Employee Physical/ TB Risk Assessment
OPENING DATE: Thursday, June 3, 2021
RATE OF PAY: Entry Wage of $16.25 with Wage Range of $16.25 to $24.38 per hour
SCHEDULE: 40 Hours per Week August through April;
20 Hours per Week May through July
- 13 Paid Holidays/Year, Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) policy,
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances, Flexible Spending Account options.
- Retirement Plan with option for employer contribution, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance opportunities, Loan Forgiveness qualifying credit,
- Scheduled Raises & Cost of Living Adjustments,
- Training and Professional Development opportunities.
LOCATION: International Falls, MN
APPLYING: Applicants must submit an application to be considered. A complete job description, more position information, and our online application are located at www.kootasca.org/about/employment
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will begin being reviewed on Monday, June 14th, 2021
KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to disability or protected Veterans status.
Upon request, all forms will be made available in alternative formats per requirements of ADA.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org