Website Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Parents In Community Action, Inc.
Job Title: Advocate
Job Summary: The primary function of this position is to create and maintain relationships with families and children to identify and address their needs in the community.
Key Task and Responsibilities
• Develop individualized partnership agreements (IFPA) with all families assisting them to set goals and address needs.
• Ensure that full enrollment is maintained.
• Ensure that child attendance is at a rate of at least 85%.
• Provide parents with resources on literacy and child development to aide in school readiness goals.
• Conduct home visits
• Responsible for compliance of laws, regulations and Head Start Performance standards related to the position.
• Understand Child Protection Laws and Reporting requirements
• Comply with all safety policies practices and procedures
• Work with mediator team to ensure that all children’s needs have been met.
• Work with community agencies to provide classes and parent lounge activities.
• Create and maintain a relationship with parents to meet their families’ needs while recruiting parents to participate in PICA events.
• Work with Center Team, parent, and local education agencies to ensure appropriate transitions for all children birth to 5 years old.
• Manage timely responses to any needs identified
• Document all activity in PICA’s Database
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse population
• Ability to define problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions to set goals
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Ability to learn how to use a Macintosh computer and the FileMaker Pro application.
• Good record keeping, interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
• Ability to work well with individuals from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Valid Driver’s license and vehicle insurance
• Cross-cultural competence
• This is a full-time year round position.
• 13 paid holidays.
• 12 additional PTO days per year.
• Additional paid winter break.
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Supervised by: Center Directors
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com